Random header image... Refresh for more!

Sushi Kan, Reloaded

Good morning, Sunshines!

I finished an Agatha Christie mystery last night, Elephants Can Remember. It’s really not her best work, but there was a great scene in the book I had to share, between Mrs. Oliver (based on Christie herself) and Mrs. Rosentelle, a hairdresser:

“[Mrs. Rosentelle]: … You’ve got a splendid crop of hair – very thick still – I imagine” – a faint smile came to her lips - “you enjoy doing things with it?”

“How clever of you to know that. It’s quite true – I enjoy experimenting – it’s such fun.”

“You enjoy life altogether, don’t you?”

“Yes, I do. I suppose it’s the feeling that one never knows what might be going to happen next.”

“Yet that feeling,” said Mrs. Rosentelle, “is just what makes so many people never stop worrying!”

I now feel inspired to start experimenting with my hair as a small step toward adopting Mrs. Oliver’s attitude toward life. But my hair is so fine, flat and hopeless I guess I need an industrial-strength teasing comb. Any ideas for fine hair?

Sushi Kan, Reloaded

In other news, last night I went back to Sushi Kan.

I promise, I am done with sushi for at least three weeks now.

I have to say, on Monday they took even less care than usual with presentation (which, however, did not detract from the taste).

We ate approximately a ton of sashimi (that’s salmon in the front, with some butterfish and surf clam in the back). Yes, that’s a scientific estimate. I lift weights, you know.

… and of course, our beloved mystery rolls (white fuji rolls).

I don’t know what’s in them.

And I don’t care.

Do you enjoy experimenting with your hair?

Related posts:

1. Kiko Sushi Bar
  2. Sushi Kan
  3. The Incident of the Illicit Cake

9 comments

1 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations { 12.14.10 at 10:38 am }

Actually, I got new hair on Saturday. I had about six inches cut off, added layers, and got a few highlights. It looks good. Definitely different, but I thought it was fitting since my attitude is a little different these days too. Time to move forward.

[Reply]

Alina Reply:

That sounds great, Michele! New hair is such a great representation of positive change. It’s something you see in the morning every day and a constant association with making an effort for yourself.

[Reply]

2 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman { 12.14.10 at 11:37 am }

Uhh…my hair is super fine and thin, too. It’s impossible to do anything good with since it just flops there. I love that exchange, though. I haven’t read that novel, but I do love Agatha Christie. My favorite still is Murder on the Orient Express.

[Reply]

Alina Reply:

I think mine might be The Secret Adversary (at least of the last few that I re-read), but I don’t remember the Orient Express one (I think I read it when I was a kid). Time for a re-read!

Fine hair just refuses to hold a shape, it’s so frustrating.

[Reply]

3 Becca { 12.14.10 at 12:10 pm }

I used to change my hair alllll the time… now I just keep it short and easy. I’m too impatient to grow it out again!

[Reply]

4 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair { 12.14.10 at 12:31 pm }

OK, this is the second post in a row in my reader to pop up with pictures of sushi and now I REALLY want some. Like, really really. Even if it is 8:30 AM… I think I know what I’m having for lunch today!

[Reply]

Alina Reply:

If I lived in your part of the country, I would be even worse. My one trip to Vancouver contains so many wonderful memories of sushi!!!

[Reply]

5 Kath { 12.14.10 at 8:37 pm }

What a great dialogue! So much wisdom and humor in there!

I have a hard time with my hair. I’ve tried eyperimenting, but it’s very stubborn and everything just loves to fall into my eyes and face. Nothing to do with it, except wearing it straight or clipping it back.

Have you tried styling mouse? That’s great for volume and holding. (I’m addicted to it. I look crappy without it.)

It’s impossible to ever get enough sushi, right?

[Reply]

Alina Reply:

Well, I would certainly agree that it’s impossible to get enough sushi…. seeing as 36 hours later I somehow want more.

I do use styling mousse fairly often. The effect only lasts about 4 hours on me, but at least it has me looking reasonably polished for morning meetings I agree, it’s addictive.

And I certainly do need good hair in morning meetings, because the coherent communication usually hasn’t kicked in yet by that point.

[Reply]